Unfortunately due to personal circumstances the ride as been cancelled in 2013. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
Saturday 16th of February 2013
Start / finish: Woolamai Race Course (foot of the Bass Hills)
10 minutes from Phillip Island. 90 minutes from Melbourne
We are looking forward to the Bass Hills Classic ride in 2013. The ride offers an optional run component providing the perfect training ground for Melbourne Ironman participants.
We provide complimentary refreshments and snacks either side of the ride and an Aussie BBQ post ride.
Bass Hills Classic is a recreational ride and optional run - it is not a race.
Date: Saturday 16th February, 2013
Cycle start times:
Marshalling is 15 minutes before the ride.
Optional run component: A loop has been set up. You are welcome to run the loop as many times as you wish.
Start and finish: Woolamai Race Track. Trew Rd, Woolamai. Melways 2009 edition. Key map page 18 Q 24 (numbers listed up to 23 only). Or Touring map X912 R11.
Refreshment stops: A number of refreshment stops have been set up for the ride. Riders will be offered refreshments, fruit, home made goodies and other suitable food.
Event signage and marshals will be present on route to support your ride.
Mechanical and first aid support is available on route.
All participants are required to comply with Victorian road rules.
Roads will be open to traffic as normal, road closures will not be in place.
Cyclists in the 112km and 152km ride will have cut off times at certain points on the ride. If they are unable to meet the cut off times they will be directed by marshals to complete a shorter route.
Tickets will be available shortly. We will be offering an early bird special. We will advise when tickets are on sale through our online database. Should you wish to be notified when tickets are on sale select newsletter.
Cost of optional run component: $10.00 regardless of length of run.
Yes you can. However, to help with the organisation of the event and to save you time at registration please enter online prior to event day. Cash entries are accepted on the day.
The Bass Hills Classic is covered by public liability insurance, but this does not cover accidents caused by individuals or other riders. It is recommended that you have personal accident insurance or medical cover along with ambulance cover, or a suitable level of health insurance.
All rides will feel longer than their advertised distance due to the hills experienced. Though this is a recreational ride cyclists must be physically prepared to take on the Bass Hills. The course map and profile show the challenge of the ride.
1. I understand that cycling on public roads is a potentially hazardous activity. Upon undertaking the event I agree I am physically fit and my bike is in sound mechanical order. For Bass Hills Classic I agree to wear a cycling helmet, abide by road rules, obey the directions of Victoria Police and event marshals and ride with care and consideration of others on the road.
2. I understand Bass Hills Classic is covered by public liability insurance only. There is no personal insurance associated with this, so it does not cover accidents caused by myself, individuals or other riders.
3. I agree for my image to be used by Event Support in any cycling related promotional material.
5. I am participating in the EVENT entirely at my own risk.
6. I am obliged to strickly adhere to all the applicable rules and directives of the owners and organisers of the EVENT, including all appointees assisting the organisers in respect of the EVENT.
7. I accept and agree that I, my estate, dependant(s) and those whom I represent shall not have any claim, and undertake not to bring any claim, of whatsoever nature or kind against the Bass Hills Classic including Event Support, the Bass Coast Shire and all sponsors (hereinafter referred to as ENTITIES) for any cost, loss, damage, injury, disability or death which may be incurred or suffered by myself, my estate and / or my dependant(s) arising directly or indirectly from my participation in the EVENT or any of the activities associated therewith or incidental thereto, use of facilities and / or amenities or by reason of defective material or equipment or by way of any human or mechanical error, default or failure or from any other cause whatsoever except upon proof that such cost, loss, damage, injury, disability or death was due to the sole negligence of ENTITIES in which event ENTITIES potential liability shall be limited to any claim which falls within the ambit of ENTITIES insurance policies and only to the extent that such claim is covered and settled by ENTITIES' insurer(s); and I agree in my personal and my representative capacity of MINOR, hereby indemnify ENTITIES' from and against all and any such claim(s) not covered or settled by ENTITIES insurer(s).