Unfortunately due to personal circumstances the ride as been cancelled in 2013. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
Saturday 20th April 2013
Start / finish: Archies Creek (foot of the Bass Hills)
10 minutes from Phillip Island. 90 minutes from Melbourne
Bass Hills Breathtaker
Welcome to the 3rd annual Bass Hills Breathtaker ride. The Bass Hills Breathtaker offers a perfect cycling environment with intensely quiet roads, undulating twisting and turning routes and sentational views of coast and country. The choices of rides are 39km, 60km and 107km. 100% of all three rides are on country roads.
Here's some feedback from last years ride.
"Just letting you know we (Eastern Vet riders) had a great day riding the 107km loop. Your organisation, support crews and eats were fantastic. We will be back next year with more of us." Regards Gary Pye
"Thanks for a great event. Signage and support was excellent. Scenery was fantastic and rolling hills on quiet roads were great to ride." Cheers Rob
"Just a quick email thanking the organisers of the 2012 Bass Hills Breathtaker for putting on a fantastic ride today. The weather gods smiled and the 107K circuit whilst challenging was well signposted and had ample rewards in the form of fantastic scenery, very quiet roads and great camaraderie. A 90 minutes drive from
Things you can enjoy on the day:
Bass Hills Breathtaker is a recreational ride - not a race.
Date: Saturday 20th April, 2013
Start times:arshalling is 15 minutes prior to start of ride.
Entries: To save time at registration and to confirm your entry please enter online prior to event day. Cash entries are welcome on the day. Online entries will be available until 5.00pm the evening before the ride.
A number of refreshment stops have been set up for the ride. Riders will be offered refreshments, fruit, home made and other healthy food.
Event signage and marshals will be present on route to support your ride.
Mechanical and first aid support is available on route.
All participants are required to comply with Victorian road rules.
Roads will be open to traffic as normal, road closures will not be in place.
Cyclists in the 60km and 107km ride will have cut off times at certain points on the ride. If they are unable to meet the cut off times they will be directed by marshals to complete a shorter route.
All courses begin and end at Archies on the Creek situated at the foot of the Bass Hills.
Tickets will be available shortly. We will be offering an early bird special. We will advise when tickets are on sale through our online database. Should you wish to be notified when tickets are on sale select newsletter.
Yes you can. However, to save time at registration and to confirm your entry please enter online prior to event day. Cash entries are welcome on the day. Online entries will be available until 5.00pm the evening before the ride.
Bass Hills Breathtaker is covered by public liability insurance, but this does not cover accidents caused by individuals or other riders. It is recommended that you have personal accident insurance or medical cover along with ambulance cover, or a suitable level of health insurance.
All rides will feel longer than their advertised distance due to the hills experienced. Though this is a recreational ride cyclists must be physically prepared to take on the Bass Hills. The course map and profile show the challenge of the ride.
1. I understand that cycling on public roads is a potentially hazardous activity. Upon undertaking the event I agree I am physically fit and my bike is in sound mechanical order. For Bass Hills Breathtaker I agree to wear a cycling helmet, abide by road rules, obey the directions of Victoria Police and event marshals and ride with care and consideration of others on the road.
2. I understand Bass Hills Breathtaker is covered by public liability insurance only. There is no personal insurance associated with this, so it does not cover accidents caused by myself, individuals or other riders.
3. I agree for my image to be used by Event Support in any cycling related promotional material.
5. I am participating in the EVENT entirely at my own risk.
6. I am obliged to strickly adhere to all the applicable rules and directives of the owners and organisers of the EVENT, including all appointees assisting the organisers in respect of the EVENT.
7. I accept and agree that I, my estate, dependant(s) and those whom I represent shall not have any claim, and undertake not to bring any claim, of whatsoever nature or kind against the Bass Hills Breathtaker including Event Support, the Bass Coast Shire and all sponsors (hereinafter referred to as ENTITIES) for any cost, loss, damage, injury, disability or death which may be incurred or suffered by myself, my estate and / or my dependant(s) arising directly or indirectly from my participation in the EVENT or any of the activities associated therewith or incidental thereto, use of facilities and / or amenities or by reason of defective material or equipment or by way of any human or mechanical error, default or failure or from any other cause whatsoever except upon proof that such cost, loss, damage, injury, disability or death was due to the sole negligence of ENTITIES in which event ENTITIES potential liability shall be limited to any claim which falls within the ambit of ENTITIES insurance policies and only to the extent that such claim is covered and settled by ENTITIES' insurer(s); and I agree in my personal and my representative capacity of MINOR, hereby indemnify ENTITIES' from and against all and any such claim(s) not covered or settled by ENTITIES insurer(s).